Kiwanis is a global organization of member-volunteers who are dedicated to changing the world, one child and one community at a time. As with Kiwanis International, the primary purpose of the Stilwell Kiwanis Club is to sponsor programs that benefit children in the community. The club also offers opportunities for members to be involved in civic activities that benefit the community while networking with other community leaders.
Since 1924 the six permanent Objects of Kiwanis International have been:
1. To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
2. To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
3. To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
4. To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
5. To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
6. To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.