Copyright 2013. Stilwell Kiwanis. All rights reserved.
Sponsor of the Stilwell Strawberry Festival since 1948
Tied for 2018 Miss Congeniality were 1st Runner-up Sydney Fourkiller and Queen Chloe Brown.
Girls gain valuable
poise and skills by
competing for Strawberry Festival Queen
Rules and Conditions Governing the Strawberry Festival Queen Pageant
- Must be no younger than 16, and no older than 21, on the next Strawberry Festival Day.
- Must be female, unmarried and not divorced.
- Must never have had a child, or now be pregnant.
- Must be a bona fide resident of Adair County in the state of Oklahoma as of the application date. If attending college outside of Adair County, your permanent address MUST be in Adair County.
- Must be of good moral character, not been involved in any act of moral turpitude, never performed any act or engaged in any activity or employment that could reasonably be considered dishonest, immoral or indecent, and not use or consume an illegal controlled dangerous substance or abuse the use of alcohol or other dangerous substances.
- Must agree to relinquish the crown and title in the event that you violate the terms of Rule #6, choose to become married, become pregnant, or permanently move from Adair County before the Strawberry Festival at the end of your term.
- All contestants are expected to attend and participate in scheduled group rehearsals. Each participant must be present for all rehearsals and the dress rehearsal on the Friday night prior to the pageant, unless the proposed absence is approved well in advance by the pageant director. Rehearsals will be closed to the general public. At the sole discretion of the Pageant Director, family members and/or guests may attend rehearsals, but may not interact with the contestants.
- All clothing worn during the pageant will be modest and must be approved by the Pageant Director. Clothing needed will be as follows: Interview Outfit – street length dress, suit or pant suit; Opening Number – street length or cocktail dress or outfits coordinated by the Director; Street Wear – street length dress, suit or pant suit; Formal Wear – Something flattering to your coloring and body shape; Talent Outfit – appropriate for the activity.
- Judging criteria for the pageant will be as follows: Poise and Personality 30%, Appearance 35%, Communicative Skills 25% and Talent 10%.
Girls from Adair County between the ages of 16 & 21 are encouraged to participate in the pageant. Pageant directors and Kiwanis Club members work with the girls twice a week for 6-7 weeks of training. Developing grace and the girl's own personal skills and talents are the focus of the sessions. Girls from all four county high schools and home schools have the opportunity to work and dance together, making new friends and having loads of fun.
By participating in the Strawberry Festival Queen Pageant, girls are given the opportunity to develop poise and self-confidence. They are taught interviewing skills and practice answering questions under stressful conditions. These abilities have lifetime benefits, enabling success in many work and social situations. Pageant directors are former Strawberry Festival Queens who are willing and able to pass along their expertise to the young ladies who are interested in learning to present themselves in the best light.
In addition, each young lady that participates receives a stipend and the top three contestants earn scholarships to the college of their choice.
For more information on the pageant and who is eligible, read the Rules and Conditions Governing the Strawberry Festival Queen Pageant below. Around the first of January, information on how to apply will be available at local high schools and through the local newspapers.
Stilwell High School Activity Center